The mountains are calling! Explore more mountains than any mountaineer! PeakFinder makes it possible… and shows the names of all mountains and peaks with a 360° panorama display.
This functions completely offline – and worldwide!
PeakFinder knows more than 800’000 peaks – from Mount Everest to the little hill around the corner.
Many people are interested in mountaineering and want to know the name of each of the surrounding mountains or to receive different information about each of them. Unfortunately, due to the specificity of this information, no special software or gadget has been designed in this field, but in this post we want to introduce you to a great app in this field. PeakFinder AR is a complete and perfect application for showing and finding mountains and finding peaks for Android, developed by Fabio Soldati and published in the big Google Play Market. With a huge database and support of 350,000 peaks worldwide, this wonderful startup allows its users to easily find the location of each peak. All you have to do is point your camera right at the mountain to quickly see the names of all the peaks around. One of the most interesting features of this software is the offline activity mode, which helps you to view various information, even if you do not have access to the Internet.
• View names and find over 350 peaks and mountains around the world
• Offline work system for times when you do not have access to the Internet
• 360 degree image and camera support (panorama)
• Ability to select the field of view via GPS
• Digital telescope to find the highest peak
• Super peak display system for some available items (if enabled for peaks)
• Professional compass and accelerometer
• Weekly update of peak information
• Works offline and worldwide
• Includes more than 800’000 peak names
• Overlays the camera image with the panorama drawing *
• Realtime rendering of the surrounding landscapes in a range of 300km/200mil
• Digital telescope to select less prominent peaks
• ‘Show me’-function for visible peaks
• Selection of the viewpoint by GPS, the peak directory or an (online) map
• Can fly like a bird from peak to peak and vertically upwards
• Shows the solar and lunar orbit with rise and set times
• Uses compass and motion sensors
• Daily updates of the peak directory
• Does not collect any data. Your data is yours
• Does not contain any recurring costs. You pay only once
• Is free of advertising
* On devices without a gyroscope and a compass sensor the camera mode is not supported.
Note: In the initial run, the Internet is completely disconnected, after entering the program environment, establish a Wi-Fi connection.