Screen Recorder, Screencast, Camtasia alternative
Bandicam is a program that lets you capture what’s happening on your computer screen as a video or image. It’s an excellent alternative to Camtasia.
Capture videos and images
With Bandicam, gamers are capable of recording their gaming skills in high resolution, up to 2560×1600, and then sharing the videos directly on YouTube in 720p or 1080p.
The software works with games and software using DirectX and OpenGL for graphics such as Skyrim, Minecraft and World of Warcraft.
Bandicam lets you change the number of frames per second, choose the video (MPEG-1, Xvid, and MJPEG) and audio (PCM and MPEG-1 Layer II) codecs, and use keyboard shortcuts. Videos are watermarked on the free version, but this is removed if you pay to register. If you are registered then you also gain access to the RGB24 with the MagicYUV Lossless codec by default.
With Bandicam, you can also easily capture screenshots and save them as BMP, PNG, or JPG. You can also program the screenshots at regular intervals.
Easy as 123!
As you can see, the interface is minimalist, so you shouldn’t encounter any issues when using it. But if you do have a problem, you should know that the developer provides full assistance on Bandicam’s site.
To capture videos or images, you only need to define the options mentioned above (quality, framerate, codecs) and the area you want to capture. Bandicam also lets you resize the area manually, or choose from the predefined formats (from 320×240 to 1280×720, and between 4:3 and 16:9).
A good alternative to FRAPS
Although FRAPS is more popular, Bandicam is just as good, and will help you immortalize your favorite gaming moments. And, of course, it can also be very useful for creating screencasts and making tutorials.
Want to check out more apps and software? Discover the best software for recording gameplay in our Solutions page.
- The .mp3 codec is now available with an .MP4 container.
- Improved the audio stuttering issue.
- Added auto recording and scheduled recording tips link.
- Added command line parameters (/start, /screenshot, /pause, /unpause)
- Improved security of Bandicam related to DLL Hijacking.
- Improved the compatibility with OBS VirtualCAM in Device Recording Mode.
- Bugs fixed
- The size of the rectangle window was displayed incorrectly if the recording size was changed after using the ‘Show/Hide (Ctrl+Alt+H)’ option.
- Bandicut could not be installed from within Bandicam.
- Other minor bugs have been fixed.